Saturday, November 24, 2007

Yokohama Amusement

I spent the day with Adrian, Mami (his wife), and Erica (his daughter) going to the Yokohama Sea Paradise amusement park. It's been a long time since I was at an amusement park... probably my sister's birthday 4 years ago when I was still living in Santa Clara. It was a total blast.

Apparently Japan is known for its aquariums (who knew?) and the aquarium at Sea Paradise is extremely impressive. They have a polar bear swimming around, penguins swimming, sea turtles, rays of all kinds, and tons of colorful fish! After the aquarium we saw a dolphin show, and then we went riding on the rides. There is a ride called Blue Drop, very similar to Drop Zone at Great America. The Great America version is 224 feet tall and the Blue Drop is 351 feet tall. Apparently the Japanese also take their thrill rides very seriously!

I also got a chance to play a video game called Taiko no Tatsujin ("Taiko: Drum Master", which is like Guitar Hero but with Taiko drums. Totally fun, and I could see this being nearly as addictive as Guitar Hero. Of course, I've finished with school now so my self-imposed limitation on buying video game consoles has been lifted. I'll probably be getting a PS3 when I get home so I can play Rock Band.

At the end of the day we had some dinner near Shinagawa station. Mostly sushi, but we also had some fried oysters. I also got a chance to eat Scorpion Fish, which is something I've only ever seen on night dives. It's a menacing fish you don't want to mess with, but it wasn't particularly impressive as a meal. Better to just leave them alive for SCUBA divers to look at.

Check out my Tokyo Photo Set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home