Friday, April 29, 2005

5 beers is too much

If you ever come to Germany, and you've never had German Beer before, and it is a weeknight and you have to work the next day, do not drink 5 beers. We went to a micro-brewery at Alstadt-Spandau, and the food and beer were excellent. There were a lot of people there, so it was really good to hang out and get to know people without talking about any of the technical/work stuff. I had bratwurst and french fries. Of course here they dip french fries in mayonnaise, which is actually pretty good (and good for you!).

Today is the last day of work, and I plan on heading down to the Berlin Jazz Festival tonight. I have no idea if the venue will be crowded or what.. hopefully I can get there and get a seat. I just bought my train ticket to Munich as well; I leave tomorrow (Saturday) around noon and get in around 7. Here's my hotel information:

Drei Lowen Hotel (30 April 2005 - 4 May 2005)
Schillerstr 8
Munich, Germany
+49 (89) 55104808

(To dial from the US, dial 011-49-89-55104808)

From everything I've read Munich has a lot going on. Because people here love classical music so much, Munich has 3 full-on professional symphonies, not counting the Opera and Ballet. I imagine I will go see at least a couple of them while I'm there. They also are supposed to have amazing Beer Gardens and Bratwurst... hopefully my stomach handles it! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home