Saturday, May 07, 2005

Last day in Paris

Which is good, because I'm really craving my own bed and TV channels besides CNN. Not that the international CNN is all that bad, but I can't stand the violence and hypocrisy that they loop every hour.

I mean really.... isn't it comical to watch George Bush stand next to the Russian President and chastise Russia for their 'occupation' of Eastern Europe after World War 2? As we are sitting here occupying Iraq, and causing and insurgency that kills many innocent people every day. Please.

My former roommate Loren sent me a link to Dubya-Speak, which is obviously a play on "Double-Speak" and gives all the stupid quotes that George Bush Jr. ever said. Here's an example:

"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table."

And it appears that voters (aka the 'Mob') in England are just as stupid as the voters in the United States. They hate Tony Blair because he supported the lies and war in Iraq, but re-elected because they liked his running mate Gordon Brown, who sat in front of news cameras and said he would have done the exact same thing as Blair regarding Iraq. How stupid is that? Ahhh well. Soon I will get back to the US and be able to fill my idle time with netflix instead of watching the news.

I went out and visited the Pantheon and Notre Dame today. The Pantheon has one of those pendulum clocks (they made the first one), like the one in the San Francisco Exploratorium. Notre Dame is the famous church... although I didn't see any hunchbacks there. I have added pictures to my Paris Photos.

Looking forward to talking to everybody and catching up when I get back to the States!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home